Nov 21, 2019
We’re about to learn how our understanding of human sexuality has suffered due to a couple of centuries of bad science, why ‘promiscuity’ has no scientific merit, what bonobos have to do with our sex lives and who struggles more with monogamy? (The answer may surprise you) … We’ll also find out … are women really less sexual? are females wired for monogamy? what is the orgasm gap? And the sexual entitlement gap? And how do we get into Skirt Club? and more.
Follow Dr. Wednesday Martin: @wednesdaymartinphd
discussed in this episode:
- a couple of centuries of “bad science”
- are women less sexual?
- are females wired for monogamy?
- Dr. Martin’s biggest realization (we desensitize to stimuli over time)
- who struggles more with monogamy? (The answer may surprise you)
- what do bonobos have to do with human female sexuality?
- a hope for matriarchy
- why ‘promiscuity’ has no scientific merit
- the remarkable clitoris
- what is the orgasm gap?
- sexual entitlement gap?
- CNM … consensual non monogamy
- what is Skirt Club?
- why sexual fluidity was my biggest takeaway
- surprising truth about sexual fluidity in men
- Jane Goodall, Sarah Hrdy book “Mother Nature”, Dr. Amy Parish
- True Sex Wild Love
- Whitney Miller
- Sex at Dawn
- David Lay
- Open Love NY
- Cari Jenkins book
- Lisa Diamond
- Elizabeth Gilbert “City of Girls”
- “Sexual Life of Catherine M”
- Dr. Martin’s book “The Button”
- column for Refinery
… Samson bullet?
- Cindy Gallo
- Erika Lust