Sep 29, 2019
I’m 40 weeks pregnant with our 3rd baby, Aluna, and I have the incredible honour of sitting down with Emilee & Yolande of Free Birth Society.
The truth, as we’re about to find out, is that women’s bodies are brilliantly made, our babies are wise, birth is inherently safe, and, in Yolande’s words, birth is not a laborious trial from which we need deliverance, but a glorious, normal, biologically & psychologically important initiation into motherhood.
SOVEREIGN BIRTH MEDITATION SERIES https://freebirthsociety.thinkific.com/courses/the-sovereign-birth-series
Yolande’s podcast BAUHAUSWIFE
Discussed in this episode:
- interventions you might not have considered
- what is mammalian / spontaneous / physiological / “free” birth?
- why protecting the hormonal blueprint is so important?
- cultural myths we’ve absorbed
- why birthing in power stories are important
- Yolande’s birth story teaser
- pain and ecstasy in birth
- what about fear?
- why we birth the way we live
Mentioned in this episode:
- Sarah Buckley
- Michel Odent
- Sovereign Birth
- Yolande’s book: “Wild Pregnancy, Free Birth: A Guide to Manifesting Your Ecstatic Homebirth” (out early 2020)